If you are planning to have a retaining or rock wall built in your outdoor space like as a part of the landscaping project, then make sure that you will hire the right person to do this. You can hire a company that provides this kind of service or you can also hire an independent contractor. Indeed you have a number of options though diy should not be one of them. Don’t try to do something you are inexperienced of and at the same time, you even have no knowledge about. By merely observing others cannot equipped you with enough knowledge especially when it comes to complicated projects like a retaining wall. Instead, you should seek out professional assistance which you can easily and conveniently shop online.
However, if you are planning to hire a pro, be sure to do it the right way. For tips, check this out:
– Be sure that the candidate is with a license to provide the kind of service in your area. He should be able to show to you his proof of registration and not only that, he must also be insured and at the same time, bonded. This way, you can easily find an agency that will assist you in case something will go wrong.
– Once that is settled, the next thing you need to ask is whether the one you are talking too has complete set of power tools that can help him in building the kind of rock wall you need. Since there are different types of retaining walls and different types of process as well, he must be well equipped with the right tools.
– He should be with a highly trained team that can assist him in making sure that the task will be done in a timely manner. Note that a retaining wall or rock wall for that matter can hardly be built by a single person alone. Thus this should also be part of your concerns as he might just hire some people on the day you contact him.
– Don’t forget to ask for a reference and if you are interested in knowing how he is in action, then you should really take the time to check the provided reference and ask relevant questions for you to be really aware about the person or contractor you plan to hire.
– And lastly, he should be able to show to you some of the most recent works that he had done. Of course this should be with the consent of his previous customers. In fact, you can even talk to these customers as well as for sure, you will also get some hints somehow if they approve of him or not.
They are a pro when it comes to any manual labor. It is actually advised as the result is always better and always cost effective in the long run. But the kind of worker will also matter a lot.