You have two options when considering coffee van business: one is through franchising and the other is going independent. Both options have their own advantages and disadvantages. So, before you decide where to venture, might as well consider the factors below:
Coffee Van Franchise
There are many companies around offering partnership to the public through the form of franchising. There are some who choose this route due to its benefits, like:
- Marketing Support – You need not focus on marketing since marketing is being done by the franchise owner itself. To add, the business is most of the time already established so marketing is not necessary. This being the case, you can focus on other important things in your business, like hiring employees and providing best service to customers.
- Training – Training will be provided to both the owner and their employees. This is not only about how to make coffee but as well as how to treat customers properly to achieve business success.
- Full Fit Out – You need not think of anything as everything will be provided for you. They will set up your van, your coffee maker and anything else you need to operate, making your startup handy and easy.
And few of the disadvantages when franchising are listed below:
- You are locked in a contract; therefore, if you feel like the business is not for you, you have no choice but to pursue it since you are bound by a contract.
- You must sell whatever they say.
- You are limited to get supplies from their suppliers.
Independent Coffee Van
This is where you will establish and introduce a business name of your own. Just like franchising coffee van, there are advantages you can consider, like:
- Lower Start-Up Costs – You do not need to pay for ongoing fees and any other fees when franchising—you can work on your budget.
- You Are Not Limited to Locations and Expansions – You can expand your business and park your van anywhere you want.
Same as with franchising, there are disadvantages when considering independent coffee van, such as:
- Trial and error marketing, which can make or break your business.
- You have to work everything yourself, from the equipment, van to training.
If you’re still undecided what to do, you can check out Xpresso Coffee they are the leaders in mobile coffee. Visit their website for more details.