There are a lot of scuba diving resorts in Palawan. Located in the city of Puerto Princesa, the area boasts of rich seas with diverse coral reefs. The island is located between the South China Sea and Sulu, making it a tropical paradise. If you’re interested in touring in the area, here are a few tips on how to find a good resort.
Where do you want to go?
There are several go-to destinations in the area. A few of the most popular are:
- Sangat Island – Sangat Island in Coron Bay is a part of the Calamian Island Group. The area is managed by the Sangat Island Dive Resort. They ensure that the sea flora and fauna are protected. Because the coral reefs here are well-maintained, it’s a popular diving spot for tourists.
- El Nido – If you want a view of dramatic seascapes and towering mountains, El Nido is for you. The white, sandy beaches boast of Palawan’s coral reefs. Tourists can also go hiking amongst one of the many trails in the area.
- Linapacan Islands – Linapacan is the place to go if you want to visit a beach with no amenities. It’s common to set up tents in the area.
Visit Sangat to book a room in one of the best scuba diving resorts in Palawan.
What facilities do you want?
Some tourists prefer to stay in rooms and hotels, whilst others want to enjoy the outdoors in a tent. You’ll find resorts that offer both occupancies and camping grounds. Depending on your preference, consider:
- Accommodations – It’s important to ensure your trip is comfortable and safe. Most establishments will have a variety of rooms to choose from.
- Restaurants and Bars – Nothing beats a drink after a long day of exploring. Not all establishments in the area offer dining services. If this is an amenity you want, make sure to find one that offers the service.
- Touring – Having an establishment that offers tour services makes it easy to explore the area. This way, you won’t have to find a third-party provider. If you want a guided tour of the island, it’s best to have an expert on board.